2020 has been a rough year for everyone. As the world battles with COVID-19, you had to adjust to a new normal. Working from home, socially distancing from friends and family, sanitising every surface, wearing a mask when you go out. You’ve traded suits for shorts; meetings rooms have been replaced by conference calls. What was once daily life seemed like a lifetime ago.
For MyDoc, 2020 has been a fruitful but challenging year. COVID-19 has propelled telehealth into the express lane, fast-tracking our growth and challenging us to adapt very quickly to fast-evolving situations.
Here’s a brief recap of key events for us this year.
- As COVID-19 cases started rising, our team promptly threw away the script, huddled together and deployed a COVID-19 triage clinic in Singapore within 24 hours – right on Valentine’s Day.
- A couple weeks later, after increasing demand from our operations outside of Singapore, we deployed COVID-19 triage clinics across the globe.
- When Singapore reported severe outbreaks in foreign worker dormitories, we worked with MOH to deploy special clinics to service the foreign workers and help contain the spread of the virus.
- Our operations in Hong Kong received a grant from accelerator Cyberport, to drive our 5G innovation research and development.
- With the help of our investor UST global, we’ve provided our telehealth technology to healthcare institutions in the US to assist with the fight of COVID-19.
- We’ve made new friends with Allianz and extended our partnerships with Aetna Hong Kong
- Together with Prudential, we’ve launched our telemedicine services on their Pulse app in Singapore, Vietnam, Philippines and Hong Kong.
- We’ve welcomed Dr Tan and Partners, Oncoshot and Eu Yan Sang onboard the MyDoc ecosystem of care.
- We launched an onsite clinic in Guardian stores in Takashimaya, Causeway Point, and NEX.
- With the help of IHP, we’ve added access to over 1000 clinics in Singapore.
There are so many more moments that we would love to share, from our colleagues in Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Thailand, the Philippines, India, Sri Lanka, the US, as well as a few new countries that are coming soon. We cannot fit it all in this blog post alone.
Our hard work didn’t go unnoticed. This year, we were recognised by Frost and Sullivan as the Singapore Telehealth Company of the Year 2020. We are very proud of that.
However, one thing is consistent. We couldn’t have done it without YOU. We were able to achieve so much this year, despite the difficulties of adapting to a pandemic, because YOU were there to support us and continue to have faith in our product, our team and our services.
We are grateful that you have chosen to embark and continue this journey with us. Thank you for lending us your strength. You made it worth every moment of blood, sweat and tears.
Your support helped us make the future of healthcare better. We look forward to continuing our journey with you in 2021.
Happy New Year and may you stay safe and healthy.