The number of COVID-19 cases continue to rise worldwide and most countries are still in lockdown. While travelling beyond borders are highly discouraged, or restricted in some countries, Singapore has opened up some access for travellers who need to physically travel for business.
Here are some helpful resources to find out more about travel arrangements and requirements:
- For travellers entering Singapore: travelling arrangements available for residents from
- For departures from Singapore: residents are allowed to travel out of Singapore if you are
- Travelling for essential business-related work, or taking up employment overseas
- Signing on as a ship crew for foreign-going ships*
- Chinese or Indian nationals with live or cancelled work permits and S-Passes returning to China or the Tamil Nadu or West Bengal States of India
- Travelling for long-term education, compassionate reasons, or other reasons
You can find out more about other travel arrangements and requirements from the SafeTravel website.
Additional information for shipping crew
*MPA requires all shipping crew that are signing on or off to obtain a fit-to-travel certificate before departures or disembarkation. Crew members signing off can be assessed by a Singapore Medical Council (SMC)-fully registered doctor via teleconsultation and submit fit-to-travel certificates that are issued using teleconsultation. You can read more about the guidelines and teleconsultation requirements here:
- Best practice guide for Singapore registered ships to minimise the risk of COVID-19 on board
- COVID-19 protocol Singapore crew change guidebook
- Requirements for any crew change requests and additional information for crew change requests
- Telemedicine requirements for obtaining fit-to-travel certificates
You can find out more about guidelines for shipping and ports on the Maritime and Port Authority’s webpage.